Vilna Gaon Family Tree update

Elul 5769
August 2009

I am in the process of updating my database of descendants of the Vilna Gaon and his siblings, published in my book

"Eliyahu's Branches - the Descendants of the Vilna Gaon and His Family"
(Avotaynu 1997)







In the light of additional material received from many families and with resource to new archival records which were not available when my book was published, I am re-assessing the data

I Invite those, whose families appear in my book, to send updates of children born since the book’s publication twelve years ago, and any corrections. I would also like to hear from all families who hold a tradition of a relationship with the Gaon

Please send family trees in a gedcom file if possible

See updates on my blog http://eliyahusbranches.blogspot.com/
Chaim Freedman
Petah Tikvah
Israel
chaimjan@zahav.net.il








הגנאלוג חיים פרידמן (פתח תקוה), כתב לפני 12 שנה ספר בשם



“ענפי אליהו צאצאי הגאון החסיד ר' אליהו מוילנא זצוק"ל ובני משפחתו”





הספר נדפס באנגלית ושמו הוא




“Eliyahu’s Branches, The Descendants of the Vilna Gaon and His Family” ספר נדפס על ידי הוצאת 'אבותינו' בניו ג'רזי, 1997



הספר כולל את כל הענפים הידועים מהמשפחות הנ"ל, שהתפשטו על פני ארצות תבל. והוא אחד הספרים המקיפים ביותר שנעשו בגנאלוגיה היהודית


בימים אלו, עובד חיים פרידמן, על עריכת מאגר נתונים מעודכן



אי לכך, הוא מזמין את כל אלו שהינם מצאצאי הגאון מוילנא ומשפחתו, שאינם מופיעים בספר, או שמופיעים בספר, אך בצורה לא מעודכנת, שחסרים פרטים וכדומה, או כל מי שיודע על אישים מצאצאי הגאון מוילנא, ליצור קשר אתו במייל




No comments: